Seven positions for a two-year project are open and we are seeking to fill them with people who have practical experience taking a complex idea and applying it in the real world– specifically, to develop a guide on a central social issue in the forestry industry:free, prior, and informed consent.
© FSC GDThe call for applications will be open until all positions are filled. One position is reserved for a representative of an FSC-accredited certification body. The other six positions are reserved for FSC members, with seats available for members representing economic, social, and environmental, for global North and global South. Ideal applicants will have the demonstrate the following:
• being willing and able to travel within the European Union and able to join online conference calls;
• a firm commitment to attend all scheduled in-person meetings, including during 25–29 June 2018 and the second half of March 2019;
• experience in negotiation and representing the interests of their sub-chambers,with a focus on conflict management and conflict resolution to move forward;
• ability to engage and communicate with their respective sub-chamber (e.g. social global South);
• ability to empathize with the role of a forest manager who will need to implement FPIC on the ground.
All travel costs associated with the project will be covered.Applicants fitting this profile are asked to send their CVs and a one-page cover letter that explicitly states how previous experience can be immediately transferrable to the needs of the working group. All applications should be sent to FSC Policy Manager, Joachim Meier-Dörnberg at j.meier-doernberg at fsc point org.
For more information about the project, including background resources and the current version of the guide, click here .